Memorable steps virtual walk is a step challenge conducted for World Alzheimer’s month. Complete 91,000 steps and VIRTUALLY walk from Twin Ponds Anuradhapura to the Sigiriya Rock Fortress covering a distance of 74 km. The walk will be open for anyone from 1st September to 21st September 2020.
A virtual walk is a step challenge where participants are given a target number of steps to be completed within a specific time period (eg: 91,000 steps in 21 days) to win exciting prizes.
ayubo.life virtual step challenges are unique and engaging as the step target of the challenge depicts the distance from one place of the country to another. The number of steps walked by the participant is synchronized with the ayubo.life app and mapped in a virtual route of the challenge. Hence, as the participant walk more & more steps the ayubo.life app will show his/her progress on this virtual map from the starting point of the map to the end.
Participants are not required to physically walk in the given route. Steps walked anywhere with the mobile device or fitness wearable connected to the ayubo.life app will capture the data and map the progress in the virtual route.
How to take part in the challenge?
- Register for the step challenge from this webpage: https://memorablesteps.ayubo.life/
- Download the ayubo.life app from the link in the SMS sent to your mobile.
- Open the ayubo.life app and enter your mobile number for verification.
- Sync the app with Google Fit or Apple Health for step tracking as directed by the app.
- Select the ‘Memorable Steps’ tile available under the ‘Today’ section or under the ‘Active Challenges’ section of the ‘Discover’ tab.
- Take part in the challenge.